To provide scholastic, vocational and spiritual training for the varied ministries of the church, particularly in India, with the following emphases
- Bible-centred teaching that is evangelical in theology
- Holiness of thought and life, prayer, and growth in Christ reflected in the practices by the individuals in community life.
- The church’s mission and witness in the contemporary world under the authority of the Scriptures.
- Preparing men and women to be leaders with passion for mission, competent to comprehend the human realities, and discernment.
- To ensure ministerial formations in the life of students within the Senate curricula with an awareness of opportunities and challenges that emerge.
Hence, the UBS faculty, staff and students are committed to the biblical and historical foundations of the church and seek to express this commitment in their personal and corporate lives. They will serve the world through a transforming mission.
To achieve the above stated purpose, UBS aim at the following seven formations in the student’s life.
- Ministry and Mission
This guideline is to create and foster harmonious community life based on healthy relationships.